Troubleshooting a Wired Printer Connection
|HP ENVY Photo 7858 All-in-One Printer|
If the computer is unable to detect the printer over a wired (Ethernet) connection, check the network cables & the connection.
Step One | Disconnect the Ethernet cableTo reset the connection between the printer & computer, disconnect & then reconnect the Ethernet cable.
1. Turn off the printer, & then disconnect the Ethernet cable from the router.
2. Inspect the cable.
- Look for any damage. If the cable is damaged, replace the cable.
- Make sure the cable is fully secured to both ports.
- Confirm the cable is an Ethernet cable & not a phone cable. Ethernet cables & phone cables look similar but are different sizes.
- Phone Cable
3. Connect the cable to a different Ethernet or LAN port on the router. Avoid connecting the cable to the Internet port.
4. Turn on the printer.
5. Confirm the connection on your printer by checking the lights on the printer’s Ethernet port. The green link light should be steady, & the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.
Step Two | Print a Network Configuration PagePrint a Network Configuration Page to confirm the network status.
1. Print a Network Configuration Page.
- Printers with a touchscreen control panel or text-based display: Print the page from the Wireless, Network Settings, or Setup menu.
- Printers with buttons only: Print the report using button combinations on the printer control panel. For some printers, press the Wireless button & Information button at the same time, or press the Wireless button & Start Copy Black button at the same time.
2. Review the General Information section on the first page. Make sure the Network Status displays as Ready.
Step Three | Service the printerService or replace your HP product if the issue persists after completing all the preceding steps.
Go to Contact HP Customer Support to schedule a product repair or replacement. If you are in Asia Pacific, you will be directed to a local service center in your area.
To confirm your warranty status, go to HP Product Warranty Check. Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty products.
Download Software and Drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Vista, Xp (32,64-bit)
User guides in PDF formatUser Guide (2.95MB)
Setup Poster (0.46MB)
Getting Started Guide (1.31MB)
Source: HP Official